The projects typically incorporate a level of complexity that requires an in-depth knowledge of aluminium/Upvc glazing systems, glass/IGU properties and construction methods. This knowledge is used to ensure that the most suitable solution is provided whilst maintaining compliance with current building regulations.
The role of Technical Estimator will entail the compiling of detailed and accurate tender quotations, cost plans & budgets for our varied commercial client base as well as technical design assistance to Architects. This includes the preparation of take offs from client drawings and specifications, obtaining quotations and technical information from our supply partners, processing glazing through our supply chain partners software (Logikal, Augadata, Kawneer Pro, Sapa Logic etc.) as well as producing basic drawings either by hand or in AutoCAD.
The role will also include attending project specific meetings, such as pre-contract meetings and technical meetings where required
- Must have a strong level of numeracy
- Ability to read and understand technical construction drawings (plans,elevations,sections)
- Time management skills/Ability to plan and schedule work
- High level of computer literacy including MS Word and MS Excel (Google Docs/Sheets)
- Customer service focus, both externally and internally
- Use of Logikal, Sapa Logic etc
- Relevant industry knowledge and a minimum of 3 years experience in the commercial glazing market
The role will be predominantly based at our head office in Nonington (near Dover) however you may be required to travel to construction sites across the South East therefore a clean UK driving licence is essential and access to your own vehicle would be beneficial.
The successful candidates will be required to have a satisfactory DBS check.
Salary, working hours and benefits
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week (this may increase depending on project requirements)
- Salary is dependent on previous experience (£25,000 - £30,000) + team performance commission
- Annual leave of 28 days inc. Bank Holidays
- Pension contributions
Unless otherwise stated, to apply for a role please submit a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com or write to:
Prima Systems (SE) Ltd
The Old Malt House,
Please also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly. Any appointment is subject to the satisfactory outcome of a basic criminal record check.